Sunday, May 19, 2019
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
We're throwing a party! Join us in celebrating EWRI's 20th Anniversary in the Grand Ballroom of the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown. This ticketed event is included with your full registration - just make sure to select the event during registration. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
Expect lots of activities and surprises including:
- Limited Edition Giveaways
- Time Capsule
- Raffle - Grand Prize will be 1 complimentary full registration to an upcoming EWRI Conference
- & much more!
History & Heritage Symposium
EWRI's 20th Anniversary Task Committee has organized a symposium to commemorate this special milestone.
- A History of Pittsburgh Carnegie Mellon Students in EWRI and ASCE
- History of the Biennial Seminar Series on Water Resources and Environmental Management
- The Formation of the Environmental & Water Resources Institute: From an ASCE Task Committee to An Institute
- History and Highlights of EWRI Congresses
- History of EWRI Newsletters, including Currents
- Publication Accomplishments of ASCE-EWRI Standards Committees
- The Creation and History of the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers (AAWRE ) (2004–2019)
- History of Waterways & Bridges Boat Tour (paid ticketed event)
- Special Volume in the 2019 EWRI Congress Proceedings
Arrive in Pittsburgh prepared to leave behind a little something for future environmental & water resources engineers. During Sunday's celebration, we will be collecting items for inclusion in EWRI's 20th Anniversary Time Capsule.
Don't have an object to share? Consider writing a note or letter addressing one the questions below.
- What was your biggest professional concern?
- What was your most helpful tool?
- What is your best piece of advice to future engineers?
- What is your fondest ASCE or EWRI Memory?
- What is your hope for the future of the profession?
The capsule will be opened at the 2029 EWRI Congress.
- GRAND PRIZE: 1 complimentary full registration to ONE 2019 OR 2020 EWRI conference of your choice. Options include:
- Operation & Maintenance of Stormwater Control Measures 2019 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- World Environmental & Water Resources Congress 2020 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Watershed Management Conference 2020 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- International Low Impact Development (LID) Conference 2020 – Bethesda, Maryland
- 1 ticket for $5.00, or 3 for $10.00.
- Cash only.
- Tickets can be purchased at the following locations:
- EWRI 20th Anniversary Celebration reception on Sunday from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- EWRI booth during networking breaks from Monday to Wednesday
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Winner will be announced on Thursday via the EWRI Congress 2019 mobile app.
- All funds will be donated to the Underrepresented Groups Student Travel Scholarship. The scholarship encourages underrepresented students to apply for travel to attend the Congress in hopes of fostering diverse and life-long participation.